How much your head weighs? If someone asks this question, it seems to be funny to us. But did we ever try to get answer of this question? How can I weigh my head?
Well, sometimes answer to this question may be terrible as well!!! Because some people might think that to weigh a head, I should ask some magician who will detach my head, then weigh it and again fix it.
What about lying down and placing head on a scale?
Thank God, Science has answer to it. So we should not rely upon above solutions.
1. Get a (very) large metric measuring tub placed into another tub and a friend.
2. Ask him to tie a rope on your leg and hang you upside down.
3. Fill the tub with enough water to fully submerge your head.
4. Make sure the tub is fully filled with water and allow some time so that water gets rest.
5. Ask your friend to drop you down, so that your head is completely dunked into the water. You’re your mouth closed and puckered to get rid of as much air as possible.
6. As soon as had dunks into the tub, excess water will come out in the outer tub.
7. Now, measure volume of water displaced in cubic centimeters. Water has a density of 1 gram per cubic centimeter. Thus, the volume of displaced water in cubic centimeter should be equal in number to the mass of the displacing object in grams. Here, displacing object is our head.
Why This Method?
Water is major and important things to all living beings. In some organisms, up to 90% of their body weight composed of water. Talking about Human body, Up to 60% of the human body is water, brain is composed of 70% water and lungs are nearly 90% water. Lean muscle tissue contains about 75% water by weight, as is the brain; body fat contains 10% water and bone has 22% water. About 83% of our blood is water, which helps digest our food, transport waste, and control body temperature. And finally Scientists have discovered that Human Head consists of 90% of water.
Hence, this method will give you 90% accurate results. Average Human Skull weighs around 4 to 5.5 KG.
So, next time when your friends ask you question that how much your head weighs. Don’t forget to follow up TechSac suggested method.
Do write in your comments and Don’t forget to share this article with your friends if you liked it.